Monday, January 05, 2009

The Drive for Five is "Oh, Canada!" Complete!



I read somewhere today that "Monday after the holidays in most countries means going back to work or going back to school. In Canada, it is watching Canada in the Gold Medal game." Eight years in a row in the final but more importantly, 5 wins in a row. I have been posting the Globe and Mail picture every year on my blog (archives on the left clicking on all the Januarys from 2006 to 2009 will prove it) and obviously felt compelled to do it again. I caught the game via an internet site provided to me by my father today. Thanks, Dad! The game itself was nothing like New Year's game against the States or Saturday's game against the Russians. Regardless, Canada 5, Sweden 1. "Oh, Canada" played loud and proud in Oxford, Massachusetts. My holiday report to come later including some pics from the 50 plus inches of snow on New Year's Day. Happy New Year. Oh, Canada!