Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November!















More Painting
I was back at the renovation business again. Yes, it's only a rental but I love the makeover of my new apartment. IKEA is an hour away. The greatest place on earth? Possibly.

I WAS "One of a Million" back in January
Election night came... I have never spoken my political leanings on this blog and never will open myself up to a rant from an unknown anonymous. I will only say I was at a bar that didn't represent the second coming of Aryan nation so you could can guess I was with the happy crowd that night. Have you ever told anybody that they could be anything they want in life? I feel like less of a hypocrite when I say this now.

NASSS Conference
The last picture is of me in Denver... ironically I am drinking Obamanator Ale with Herb Howell, my New Mexico friend. The conference went well. A presentation that I am used to giving by now. I submitted an abstract today for the coveted NASSM conference based on my Dissertation committee's advice as to where I should look at examining.

Letters also went out today to Canada Student Loan people. A government program that leaves much to be desired in terms of how it has been handled these past few years. Thanksgiving and my 36th Birthday around the corner... the grey hairs that seemed to be appear the last time I went to NASSS (ironically going through Denver... I saw Gate 35A itself the other day as well!) seemed to have disappeared. I might have gained some peace in some areas of my life... a 3 AM email and an internet search actually helped during my wait for my early morning wake up before my return flight.

Life goes on...